With Break the Knot™, you complete all the forms online and eliminate expensive appointments with attorneys and multiple trips to the courthouse. You and your spouse negotiate a deal and move forward with your uncontested divorce. Take control of the process, fees, and your life.
1. Determine Eligibility Answer four simple questions to determine if Break the Knot™ is the best solution for you.
2. Sign Up Register for your online account and invite your spouse to join. When both parties work together, our process works best.
3. Complete Questionnaire Gather basic financial information to help you and your spouse identify and organize assets and debts, property, child custody and co-parenting, if applicable.
4. Submit Agreement After you and your spouse have identified assets and debts and have determined equitable division, submit your finished questionnaire to our secure online portal.
5. We'll Handle the Rest We process all of the forms required by the court from your completed questionnaire and file with the court. You move on with your life.
Spouses that work collectively to negotiate their marital agreement will have a much more successful uncontested divorce. Our process helps facilitate the process and supports you to end your marriage in a less stressful way, all from your computer without involving attorneys or unnecessary court visits.
In an uncontested divorce, both spouses agree on the terms of the divorce. They do not need the court to divide assets or decide spousal or child support or custody. Our initial questionnaire will help identify assets, debts, income, expenses, and child custody and co-parenting agreements if you and your spouse have children.
Uncontested divorces usually require less time and are considerably cheaper than a traditional divorce, which can average $30,000 in Michigan.
We offer an easy flat-rate fee for your uncontested divorce. If you and your spouse do not have children, your total cost is $1,500. If you do have children, your total cost is $2,500. Need additional services and help? No problem, we offer an a la carte menu of assistance when you need it. Our certified mediators can help you reach equitable agreements with your spouse if you both get stuck and can’t come to terms.
It’s that simple.